June 16, 2006

A Thousand Days In Venice




















A Thousand Days in Venice: An Unexpected Romance* by Marlena de Blasi
Nonfiction - Memoir/Travel Essay
Quit on 6/16/06
Rating: DNF (Did Not Finish)

*A Hundred Pages of Boredom (nice cover, though)

Yep, another one bites the dust. I decided after over a hundred pages that this darling little book just wasn't doing a thing for me and rather than suffer through the weekend, trying to finish reading it, I'd rather start something more appealing like another Lucas Davenport mystery. I need SOMETHING to pull me out of this reading slump!

2 comments:

  1. I think I made it less than 10 pages into this one, but I thought it was the circumstances (while running on a treadmill), although I remember thinking it was a little strange. The cover is gorgeous, isn't it? I'll try it again, one day, if I ever happen across it; but, I don't hold high hopes for the book if you didn't finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the cover is gorgeous. Unfortunately, the book wasn't worthy of such beauty, imho. Let me know if you ever finish it, although I doubt I'll pick it up again. Too many books (and blogs!), too little time. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!