August 31, 2007

Southern Reading Challenge Update


I finished Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge earlier this week. As you might recall, I compiled a list of 13, but only needed to read three in the three month period. Here's what I wound up choosing (click on the titles to go to my reviews):

gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson (Georgia)

Up Island by Anne Rivers Siddons (Georgia)

The Great Santini by Pat Conroy (South Carolina)

Unfortunately, none of these were terribly impressive, and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other.

Thank you, Maggie, for hosting this challenge. I'm going to hang on to my list just in case you decide to do it again next year.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't particularly enjoy your 3 southern reads. Next year, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry! I feel totally responsible. Congrats for pulling through it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing the challenge, Lesley. Even if the books weren't all that impressive, I imagine it's great to be able to say you completed the challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booklogged - Yep. And it's not like I read this unwillingly. I've had them in my TBR stack for quite some time.

    Maggie - Oh, don't feel responsible! These were my choices and you were good enough to host the challenge and give me the incentive to finally pull them off my shelves. I have no regrets!

    Literary Feline - Thanks. It does feel good to have finished the challenge and to have knocked 3 more books from my toppling stacks.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!