May 7, 2008

A Month in Review - April ('08)

I had a pretty decent month. One great read, a couple of winners, one just so-so and one I couldn't finish (although several friends in my book club are trying to convince me to pick it back up and give it another try!). I think it's especially nice that this month's favorite is by the same author as last month's favorite.

Click on the titles to read my reviews.

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos (4.75/5)

Valentines by Ted Kooser (3.5/5)

The Girl With No Shadow by Joanne Harris (4.5/5)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (DNF)

Keeper and Kid by Edward Hardy (4/5)


Favorite of the month: Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

Books Read 4
DNF 1
Male Authors 2
Female Authors 2
New-To-Me Authors 1
Audio 0
Fiction 3
Nonfiction 1
Historical Fiction 0
Classic 0
Poetry 1
Teen 0
Children's 0
Sci-Fi 0
Fantasy 0
Horror 0
Romance 0
Humor 0
Travel 0
Memoir 0
Culinary 0
Mystery/Thriller 0
Series 0
Re-read 0
Challenge 0
Mine 4
Borrowed 0
ARC 1
Gift 1

Note: Only books completed are counted in the above totals with, of course, the exception of the DNF category.

In addition to these book recommendations, I wanted to share some of the new recipes I've added to my food blog. Feel free to check them out and let me know if you have questions.

4 comments:

  1. I still have Chocolat and the Lollipop Shoes to read and now The Girl With No Shadow! Will I ever read all the books I fancy?

    I haven't read any of those books - except Shadow of the Wind and I remember ploughing through that at the end - I'd got so far I had to finish it despite struggling to keep my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookplease - Just a quick note to let you know that The Girl With No Shadow and The Lollipop Shoes are one and the same. The former is the U.S. title and the latter is the UK title. Hope I didn't confuse you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good month. Your recipes look so yummy. Did you join the Soup's On Culinary Reading Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booklogged - No, I decided to pass on the Soup's On Culinary Reading Challenge. I'm too much of a challenge flunky! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!