September 2, 2008

A Month In Review - August ('08)

I hope everyone had an safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend. I grew up in Southern California and school always began the day after Labor Day. Here in Nebraska, school has been back in session for a couple of weeks now. However, we still have three weeks before the official start of autumn. I hope to get the kayak out on the lake a few more times before it gets chilly. It won't be long before it's too cold for that or to float in the pool! I suspect my reading will begin to pick up in the coming weeks, although there's always a month or so of raking leaves and tidying up the flower beds before the first snow.

I only read three books in August, but they were all pretty good.


Click on the titles to read my reviews.

Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks (4/5)

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (3/5)

The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen (4.5/5)

Favorite of the month: The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen

Books Read 3
DNF 0
Male Authors 1
Female Authors 2
New-To-Me Authors 2
Epistolary 0
Current Affairs 0
Japanese 0
Audio 0
Fiction 3
Nonfiction 0
Historical Fiction 1
Classic 0
Poetry 0
Teen 0
Children's 0
Sci-Fi 0
Fantasy 0
Horror 0
Romance 0
Humor 0
Travel 0
Memoir 0
Culinary 0
Mystery/Thriller 1
Series 1
Re-read 0
Challenge 0
Mine 3
Borrowed 0
ARC 1
Gift 1

Note: Only books completed are counted in the above totals with, of course, the exception of the DNF category.

4 comments:

  1. It's chilly, here (in the 70's). Is that a different version of chilly than you're referring to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - Sounds about the same as us. We were in the 60s yesterday and it's currently 71 (at 4:20 pm). It was downright COLD this morning when I walked Annie-Dog. 50 degrees!! Time to get the coats out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    I have the Friday Night Knitting Club waiting for me at the Library.. but I won't get it till tomorrow~ at least I'll have a weekend read~
    My kids started school today! High School and Middle School! I think when I "met" you, Alissa was in Kindergarten~
    The weather is turning towards fall up here.. I noticed this morning a few leaves starting to turn~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara - I'll be interested to hear what you think about The Friday Night Knitting Club. Are you a knitter?

    I'm not ready for fall!! I want another month or two of hot weather!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!