March 31, 2010

A Month in Summary - November '09

It occurred to me that I haven't posted my Monthly Summaries since last fall. I'm going to catch up on the past four months, so bear with me.

Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham (2.5/5)

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley (4.5/5)

20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill (4/5)

The Mongoose Diaries by Erin Noteboom (4.5/5)

These Is My Words by Nancy Turner (4.5/5)

Click on the titles to read my reviews.

Favorite of the month: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley, followed by The Mongoose Diaries by Erin Noteboom.

Books Read 5
DNF 0
Male Authors 3 (Holly Denham is a pseudonym)
Female Authors 2
New-To-Me Authors 3
Epistolary 3
Audio 0
Fiction 4
Nonfiction 1
Historical Fiction 1
Coming-of-Age 0
Classic 0
Poetry 0
Teen 0
Children's 0
Sci-Fi 0
Fantasy 0
Horror 1
Graphic Novel 0
Romance 0
Humor 0
Travel 0
Memoir 1
Biography 0
Short Stories 1
Essays 0
Culinary 0
Mystery/Thriller 1
Religious Fiction 0
Re-read 1
Mine 4
Borrowed 1
ARC 0

Note: Only books completed are counted in the above totals with, of course, the exception of the DNF category.

4 comments:

  1. These is My Words was my weekend splurge. Sometimes I think I just buy books to use as blankies -- for comfort. That's what this purchase was, for sure. After an 8-day migraine, I was sorely in need of a blankie. And, I have another damned migraine, today. See, this is why I hate spring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - I'm all about owning books for comfort. I'm surrounded by comfort. My floors are sagging but they're comfortable. :)

    An 8-day migraine?! Yikes! I had a killer headache the other day and figured it was due to the change in the weather, but I can't imagine suffering with that for 8 days. I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, 8 days. Then, I had 2 days off and got another. David has a sinus infection and Will's fighting headaches, too. We are not fans of spring. But . . . it's really pretty. I need to go photograph the dogwoods and wisteria, before they disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - I was going to get out and take some pix of the forsythia and daffs, but I've got a spring cold - not allergies! Ugh. I hate being sick. Hope you're migraine-free at this point.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!