It's important to recognize and remember the good things in life, so I've decided to make a point of jotting down my monthly blessings.
So what made me smile (or laugh) last month?
- Strawberry ice cream before dinner.
- A hummingbird feeding at one of my potted plants on my deck!
- Buying my husband a new bike for his birthday.
- A 60th birthday celebration with friends from California.
- A 50-mile ride in the countryside (spotted 2 deer, a wild turkey, orioles, cardinals, red-winged blackbirds, goldfinches and a heron).
- A new bike jersey.
- A delicious (and simple) new recipe for bolognese.
- Two excellent nonfiction reads (Little Princes and Take Good Care of the Garden and the Dogs). Reviews forthcoming.
- Godiva Chocolate.
- Movie night with a good friend (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel).
- A monthly total of 154 miles ridden on my bike.