November 3, 2012

Khaled Hosseini's Upcoming Release



I just read the following on Bookreporter.com! I'm very excited, as I loved Hosseini's previous novels.

...it was reported that Khaled Hosseini’s new novel, And the Mountains Echoed, will release on May 21st from Riverhead Books. According to Hosseini, "My earlier novels [The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns] were at heart tales of fatherhood and motherhood. My new novel is a multi-generational family story as well, this time revolving around brothers and sisters, and the ways in which they love, wound, betray, honor, and sacrifice for each other. I am thrilled at the chance to share this book with my readers."
 Yay!!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Ooohh, I'm excited about this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! It feels like it's been forever since I read A Thousand Splendid Suns.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I loved both of his previous books, so I have high expectations for this one.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited about this release too! I have two of his other books but have NOT read them yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! You need to get reading, my friend!! They are both amazing novels.

      Delete
  4. WOW, thanks for posting about this. Love this author and it's been way too long since we heard from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It has been a long time, hasn't it?

      Delete
  5. Oh dear Lesley, while I love you, and always will, I could not abide either A Thousand Splendid Suns or worse still The Kite Runner. Goodness sakes, to me they spoke of nothing but depravity, and the very worst of what manhkind can do to itself. And, I must confess, neither did anything to foster an affection for Middle Eastern culture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I hadn't heard. I loved The Kite Runner but could never get into this second novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it was a case of timing, Andi. I absolutely loved A Thousand Splendid Suns; probably more so than The Kite Runner.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!