April 1, 2015

March Reading



I had an excellent month of reading, both with regard to quantity and quality. I read four books and listened to four others and each and every one was exceptionally good. I discovered a new mystery series, which I am eager to continue reading, and I also read my first 5 star book for the year. Can you guess which one it is? (No fair looking at Goodreads!) I'm terribly behind with my reviews, so bear with me. I'm going to try to get all of these posted before the end of the month. 

Have you read any of these gems? 

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

The Bear by Claire Cameron

Heads in Beds by Jacob Tomsky

The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths

The Next Time You See Me by Holly Goddard Jones

Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Live From Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed

Wonder by R. J. Palacio

Stats:

8 books 
3 novels
2 mystery
2 nonfiction
1 memoirs
1 childrens
5 new-to-me authors
4 print books
4 audio book
4 female authors
2 male author
6 borrowed
2 from my stacks

More 2015 Monthly Summaries:

January
February 

14 comments:

  1. One of these days I want to read The Rosie Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom just finished The Rosie Project and thought it was great. You really should get to it, Kailana!

      Delete
  2. Glad u had such a quality reading month. Hope April is good as well. Love your tulips header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April is starting out well, Diane. Just need to make more time for the books and less computer time.

      Thanks for your comment about the tulips. It's an older photograph, but one I love. Our tulips are up, but haven't bloomed yet. The daffodils are, though!

      Delete
  3. You did have a great reading month. I have The Rosie Project downloaded to my Kindle and I've read Wonder (loved it). The rest of your reads are new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful Reader, you are in for a treat with The Rosie Project! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sequel is just as entertaining.

      Delete
  4. A very good month for you! I still haven't gotten to The Rosie Project, but I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenclair, it seems like a lot of folks are eager to read The Rosie Project. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are enjoying Ruth and company. It was a good reading month for you! And your header photo - tulips!! I love tulips and it's too warm here for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, the picture of the tulips is from a few years ago. I can't wait for them to start blooming, although my daffodils are quite cheery right now. I really need to remember to plant more tulips next fall. Think I can remember before it's too cold? ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow, March WAS a great month for you. I had my first 5 star read (at last), too. The tulips are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I know! March was really amazing, as far as reading good books. April isn't starting off too shabby, either. I love my tulips, but wish they lasted longer. My daffodils seem to hang on much longer than the tulips.

      Delete
  7. Yay for a great reading month! Hope you have a super April as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, April is just as wonderful, Iliana. I plan to head out on the porch in a few minutes and continue with my current book (The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos). Then I'll head out for a walk and listen to A Canticle for Leibowitz. Hope you're having a good weekend!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!