February 13, 2016

Blogiversary!



They say time passes more quickly the older you are. I don't really feel any older, but more and more, time seems to be flying by far too fast! The other day I had to confirm my age on a document. I was certain someone had made a mistake, if only by one year, but no. After a quick calculation, I realized I was wrong and not the document.

It doesn't seem like yesterday that I sat down and started writing about the books I'd been reading (back when this was called Lesley's Book Nook, with its dull brown template), but I can hardly believe it's been 10 years! I've taken a few breaks (some very brief and a couple for several months), but I always come back, eager to talk about the books I've read, sharing a favorite passage or two, in addition to photos of my travels, near and far. I love the conversations we have in the comment section and it is you, my dear friends, that keep me coming back to this place; a place that has been such a big part of my life for the past decade. I could easily keep track of all the books I've read in a notebook, or on Goodreads, or not at all, but what fun is that? I love to talk about books and I love to hear about what you've been reading. So, thank you. Thank you for making this all worthwhile. And, most importantly, thank you for your friendship.

For those of you who enjoy stats, here are a few of mine from the past 10 years:

Posts: 1,214
Comments: 13,225
Page Views All Time History: 286,408
Highest Page View Post: Cowboy Lasagna (Trisha Yearwood) 18,904 views (go figure!)

For more Blogiversary posts (and shout-outs to some of my favorite bloggers), go here.

22 comments:

  1. Cowboy Lasagna? LOL That's an interesting title. Happy Blogiversary, Les!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Nancy, that's the blog post title. It was a recipe review from a Trisha Yearwood cookbook. ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I've been reading you from very early on and I have found some superb books on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it been 10 years? Wow! I can remember you and Nan encouraging me to begin blogging - maybe in late 2007 or so? Congrats to you, my dear, dear friend. And here's to 10 more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Kay. I have to do the math twice to make sure I wasn't adding an extra year. :) We'll see about the next 10 years, though. Goodness, can you imagine?

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Yours was one of the first blogs I started following. Even now when I no longer actively blog, I check Prairie Horizons often. My favorite connections across the miles have been when we've chosen the same passages from a book. Makes it feel like we're sitting right across the table from one another!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia, I agree about the favorite passages. I love to see what you include in your reviews on Goodreads. Thanks for being such a loyal follower here. xo

      Delete
  5. 10 years? Wow! Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Lisa. It's crazy how the time has flown.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your 10 years! How wonderful and I'm so happy that I've gotten to know you through your blog. Wishing you many more anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iliana. Hope to meet you someday when I'm down in Texas. You, Trish, Andi and Kay are all fairly close in proximity, so maybe we can have a mini blog gathering someday.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on 10 great years! My food posts get the most hits too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, isn't it funny how the food posts get so much attention?! Thanks for being one of my top commenters! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary! My how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Celebrate with something special--indulge yourself with a book binge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenclair, that's very tempting! I have a couple of B&N gift cards, so I may just do that. :)

      Delete
  10. I can hardly believe we've been doing this ten years!! I remember your beautiful blog, the original one with brown background and a parchment type of "page"...I remember finding another blogger who loved books as I do and the immediate connection we made. What a blessing that was, and what a blessing you have been in my life. Huge! Let's keep it up, even if it's only a few posts a month (year?). xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy that we've been doing this for a decade, Meredith?! I remember when I first discovered your lovely blog (not sure how I happened upon it?!) and knew we were kindred spirits from the very beginning. Yes, we are blessed and we WILL meet some day before we are too old to enjoy a bike ride or walk along the river. Here's to many more years of blogging and friendship. xoxo

      Delete
  11. First of I'm glad you are here, and congrats on ten years. I am nine months after you. I'll never forget all the help from you and Rod when I began.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend! I'm glad you're still blogging, too!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!