September 7, 2026

20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge Results - 2026

 


Another Summer Reading Challenge completed! This was my seventh year of participating, and it's my favorite challenge next to the November Nonfiction Challenge.  In previous years I chose to wait until the fall equinox rather than Labor Day to wrap things up, giving myself a few extra weeks. But this year, I decided to stop and get this posted before we head out on another camping trip.

As always, I chose 20 books with a mix of new releases and backlist titles. I gave up on seven, but subbed in nine (some for book club, as well as a few audio choices). I read eighteen in all, which is one more than last year (and in less time!). Four of the books were over 400 pages, and one of those was over 1000 pages!

Completed for 2026

I won't link to each review (I've already done so on my monthly summaries), but here are the final ratings:

Two 5-star books
Four 4.5-star books
Nine 4-star books
Three 3-star books

Below are my original picks. I'm still planning to read Land, Love by the Book, Life: A Love Story, and All the Broken Places, but maybe not until the end of the year. I'm ready to spend the next two months reading mysteries.


For past posts (and results) about this challenge, click here. 

6 comments:

  1. I loved doing this challenge when I was working in the schools. I'd spend hours making lists of what I wanted to read when I had more time to read. Two on your list that I'm the most curious about are Mad Mabel and Dolly All the Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, isn't it fun to make lists of books we want to read? The two books you mention are two of my favorites this year. Totally unexpected!

      Delete
  2. Great job, Les! You did very well and read a lot. I'll be interested in hearing what mysteries you select to try for the fall. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. It was a fun summer of good reading. No list of mysteries this year. I'll keep it a mystery. ;) Currently re-reading Faithful Place by Tana French.

      Delete
  3. I love this challenge, too. It's no-stress and it's so much fun to see what people read over the summer. I really didn't follow the list that I intended to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one, isn't it Helen? I'm enjoying a switch over to mysteries & thrillers, and will have fun putting together my list for Nonfiction November in the coming weeks. I do love a good list/plan!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!