February 26, 2006

Walking Across Egypt










Walking Across Egypt by Clyde Edgerton
Contemporary Fiction

Finished on 2/10/06
Rating: C (3/10 Ho-hum)

Here is another example of a book that’s been in my to-be-read shelves forever. I don’t remember what drew me to it originally, perhaps a glowing review by a fellow book buddy. The bad news is I didn’t care one bit for the bland plot, narrative voice or characters. I found the whole thing a bit too cloyingly sweet and was ready to be finished after the first dozen or so pages. The good news is I went into it without any high expectations, so I didn’t feel let down. And since it’s a fairly short story, I was able to whip through it less than 24 hours. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have bothered reading the whole thing had it been much longer.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    I remember quite liking this book. I recall the kitchen, the cooking, the nice, nice woman. Interesting how Amazon calls it a YA. Just because there is a teen in it? There are many books out there that feature children, but I wouldn't say they were children's books.
    NLW

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!