I guess everyone in the blogosphere knows how terrible I am about participating in memes. Not one single person tagged me for the Eight Things About Me meme, so I've tagged myself. Actually, I needed some blog material as I've been in a bit of a reading slump and haven't written very many reviews this month.
Here are the details:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Here we go:
1. I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and have dual-citizenship (Canadian father, American mother). Not sure exactly what all that means other than if the House of Bush decides to draft 40-plus-year-old women, I can flee to Canada - legally.
2. I'm a PK. Any guesses?
3. Kris Kristofferson is my first cousin, once-removed. Explanation: His mother and my grandmother were sisters. He and my mom are first cousins.
4. I have a couple of special autographs:
The first is a baseball signed by Sandy Koufax (left-handed pitcher for the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers 1955-1966). I didn't actually meet him in person; a friend gave me the ball. I believe he got it at a golf benefit.
The second is from Charles Lindbergh. My grandfather used to fly for Pan American Airlines and he invited Lindbergh to a family Christmas party. My mom (who was 14 at the time) got his autograph in 1947 and passed it on to me a few years ago.
5. My first husband's last name is the same as my maiden name. Was it an omen? ;)
6. I was kicked out of kindergarten after just one day. Well, not exactly kicked out. But my teacher told my mom that I was so painfully shy that perhaps it would be better to wait another year before starting school.
7. Speaking of school, we moved around quite a bit when I was a child. I went to 10 schools in 12 years.
8. I've run one marathon. Took me ten years! Ran the first "Half" in 1985 (La Jolla, CA) and the second in 1995 (Lincoln, NE).
9. Well, I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Oklahoma...
Guess that was more than eight. Oh, well. Not only am I a meme wimp, I don't play by the rules! And I won't tag eight people since I'm probably the very last person to participate. If you haven't and want to, consider yourself tagged.