.

.

October 1, 2007

A Month in Review - September

Not a bad month! The majority of books were very, very good. I thought I read more than I did, but I guess not. Too busy watching House, M.D. - Season Three thanks to Netflix. Click on the titles to read my reviews.

On Rue Tatin: Living and Cooking in a French Town by Susan Hermann Loomis (4.5/5)

One True Thing by Anna Quindlen (4.5/5)

Consuming Passions: A Food-Obsessed Life by Michael Lee West (2/5)

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (4.5/5)

Brother Odd by Dean Koontz (2/5)


Favorite of the Month: Boy, that's a tough one! I think I'd have to say Heart-Shaped Box, but One True Thing and On Rue Tatin are very close!

Books Read 5
DNF 0

Male Authors 2

Female Authors 3

New-To-Me Authors 3
Across the Borders 0

Fiction 3

Nonfiction 2

Classic 0
Poetry 0

Young Adult 0

Sci-Fi 0

Fantasy 0

Horror 2

Humor 0

Travel 1

Culinary 2

Mystery/Thriller 0

Series 1
Re-read 0

Challenge 5

Mine 3

Library 2

ARC 0

Gift 0

Keeper 3

10 comments:

  1. We just got caught up on House as well and can watch it "live" or at least save to DVR and watch during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you have a good reading month? I hope October will be more of the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure didn't feel the same about Brother Odd, did we? That's the last 2 in that series that you didn't like. And I really enjoyed. That's how it goes sometimes. I'm going to add your 3 high scorers to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking in to see what you are reading and what's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rue Tatin looks great, although I think I'd rather go do some cooking in France than just read about it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that sounds like a wonderful assortment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iliana - It sure is good to have a good month of reading! Just wish I had more time to read as much as I used to. These 5-book months feel pitiful. I used to read 8-12! Oh, well. At least I get some read.

    Booklogged - Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the entire series. I think I just missed Stormy!

    Hope you enjoy On Rue Tatin, One True Thing, and Heart-Shaped Box. They're definitely in the running for my 2007 Top Ten.

    j. kaye oldner - Thanks for stopping by. Hope you found some good reviews.

    Nancy - So, let's go! I'm sure we could round up a few more bloggers to join us. Wouldn't that be a blast?!

    Debi - There was quite a bit of variety, which was rather nice! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay - Ooops! I read your comment when it came through, but forgot to post it here. Sorry for the delayed response.

    We don't have DVR/Tivo, so it's either watch it live or wait for Netflix. Since neither of us really like to get sucked into a weekly "must-watch-tv" show, we just tough it out. At least we always have something to look forward to. Speaking of which, I can't wait to start watching Season One of Heroes. I've heard such wonderful things about that show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will put Rue Tatin on my list. Charming sounds good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Framed - It's truly a lovely book and one you can read a bit at a time, if you like.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!