September 7, 2009

Mailbox Monday

No mail delivery on this Labor Day Monday, but I have a book that arrived last week while we were on vacation. My favorite publicist (Caitlin, from FSB Associates) sent me a copy of The Recipe Club: A Tale of Food and Friendship. Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel's novel (written in epistolary format) is full of letters, emails and recipes. Sounds like my kind of book! I have a couple of books ahead in line, but this one's definitely going in my "must read this month" stack!

Click on the titles for more information.


by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel

This reminds me of another book I received a little while back. Thanks, Mom!

by Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp


Don't these both look tempting?!

Mailbox Monday is the place for bloggers to share the books that arrived in their homes last week.
For more Mailbox Monday posts, visit Marcia at The Printed Page.


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    I think both of these look good. I love epistolary novels! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both sound good! I can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one should be showing up soon for me too. They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these look really good. Fun mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Those look perfect for you, Lesley! It's nice to be known, and receive books (or cards ;) from those who care about us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay - I'll probably read The Recipe Club from cover-to-cover, but I have a feeling the cookbook is one I'll peruse here and there over the coming months (or years!) I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

    Pam - It may be a while for a review of the cookbook, but I'm hoping to get to the novel in the next few weeks.

    Staci - Oooh! You get one, too, eh? Gotta love those publicists! :)

    Holly - It was a good week. Not too many to overwhelm me. ;)

    Bellezza - Don't they, though? I love books about food. :)

    Hope school is going well for you. I feel like I haven't chatted with you in ages! Is it possible to miss an online friend who hasn't really gone away?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, The Recipe Club sounds wonderful! Someone should send this one to ME! Oh well. Gotta love the library!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara - If you can wait, I might be willing to send it to you when I've finished. You can remind me of this offer when I get around to reviewing it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend (book and food lover) who I think would love that first book, so I'll be watching to see your review on that one. I've heard mixed comments on the book club book - does it look good inside, too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, yes I can wait! Thank you for the lovely offer, it's very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley - I'm hoping to get to it this coming week. I'm almost finished with my f2f book club selection, Havah, so unless something else calls out to me, I'll dive in to The Recipe Club on Monday.

    The Book Club Cook Book looks pretty good. I need to spend more time perusing the recipes, but I like the format.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!