October 25, 2009
Read-A-Thon Final Update
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably Hour 16. I was getting tired and uncomfortable. I never planned to stay up all night, so at 11 pm I decided to get in bed and read for as long as I could. I lasted 25 more minutes. I had hoped to make it to at least midnight, but no such luck. Maybe next year.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
The collection of short stories (Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts) and essays (Jeanne Marie Laskas' Growing Girls) were the two books that held my interest the longest. I think this challenge is perfect for memoirs, essays, short stories.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Since I'm a newbie to the challenge, I'm not sure what was different and if any changes made it more of a success. It all seemed to run smoothly.
5. How many books did you read?
I finished one, am about to finish another and am about halfway through two more.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill
Growing Girls: The Mother of All Adventures by Jeanne Marie Laskas
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The Graveyard Book, once I got into it.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Holly's Inbox. It's pure brain-candy and I found myself feeling a little bored and antsy.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader, but I have to say I really appreciated all those who stopped by my blog with comments of encouragement and advice. I look forward to visiting all of those bloggers in the coming days. Thank you!!
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will certainly plan to particpate in the next Read-a-Thon, as long as my schedule allows. I had a great time.
Total time spent reading: Exactly 9 hours (weird how that worked out!)
Total pages read: 621