October 24, 2009
Read-A-Thon Mid-Event Meme
1. What are you reading right now? I'm about to head back to Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts.
2. How many books have you read so far? I haven't completed a single book. I've been bouncing back-and-forth between four books (20th Century Ghosts, The Graveyard Book, Holly's Inbox, and Growing Girls).
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm anxious to finish a couple of the ones I've started and maybe get engrossed in a new one. I've got Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo ready to go when I start to get sleepy. It's a mystery/thriller and I'm hoping it might help keep me awake longer than these others.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really. I did the laundry a couple of days ago (or was that yesterday?!), but I could easily have done it on Sunday. My husband played tennis, mowed the lawn, and has been working on grading papers and lessons plans. We did have dinner together (pizza) and watched an episode of House.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Nope. None other than meals with my husband and walking the dog (which was a good chance to get outside and stretch my legs!).
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How quickly the time flies! And how difficult it is to keep up with all the mini-challenges and blog-hopping.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None that come to mind right now. Maybe after a good night's sleep, I'll think of something.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Honestly? I don't think I'd try to participate in so many mini-challenges. While fun, it's more time away from actual reading time. Just posting updates on my blog is time-consuming enough! I'd also stockpile healthier snacks and maybe prepare a big pot of soup or chili for lunch or dinner. I think the fast-food is making me feel lazy.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I started to fall asleep on the couch around 5:30, but now I have my second wind. Just got back from walking the dog with my hubby. It's cool outside (52) and that was refreshing. I'm not planning to drink any coffee, but maybe I'll fix a cup of tea later on. I only had one glass of wine with my pizza. I'd be sound asleep by 10 if I had more!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I think walking the dog (3 times today) has helped tremendously. I'm also drinking a lot of water. And switching between books when I start to get restless.
Fun meme!! Back to my books.