May 26, 2011

Unplugged


Not that I post with any regularity, but I thought I should let y'all know that I'm going to be unplugged for the holiday weekend. We're off to Colorado (Red Feather Lakes) and won't have access to the Internet until Wednesday morning. This is always a rough weekend for us, so it will be nice to get away with some good friends. If the weather cooperates, we'll go for long hikes (just us and the bears & mountain lions!), cook delicious meals, play board games, and drink lots of wine. Hmmm, at 9,000 feet, maybe I should be careful with the wine...

I'll be back next week with several book reviews. April and May were good reading months.

I hope everyone has a relaxing (and safe) holiday weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Hope your weekend of relaxing, peaceful, and fun. Thinking of you both. Know this is a tough time. Hugs and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, so happy you can get away to such a restful place. The environment alone will be soothing to your soul, let alone the company of husband and friends. I will have special prayers for you this weekend, uplifting you and your husband with extra care. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les: Your adventure sounds wonderful - have a great time and be safe. Wish I were there to share a glass of wine with you :)*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the nature that will surround you will be a balm. I am hoping so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of you during this hard time and hoping that Red Feather Lakes offers you and your husband serenity...it looks gorgeous and being unplugged is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes doing something different is the best way to deal with sad days of remembering. I'm glad you and Rod were with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous. I hope you had a great time. Going unplugged and getting away sounds really appealing right now.
    2 Kids and Tired Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the lovely comments. We had a wonderful time! The weather could've been a little nicer, but we didn't let it stop us from getting out for a few hikes or sitting in the hot tub (while it snowed!). Thank you all for the good thoughts. They were greatly appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I am finally catching up on some old comments left (shame on me) and you're taking a break! I hope you had a lovely trip--your agenda sounds just wonderful.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a relaxing time, Les. Colorado is still my favorite place on the planet, no matter how far away I go. I'm just a tiny bit envious. :)

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!