November 23, 2015

Annie Girl!

Today is Annie's "adoption/rescue" day! She came to live with us on November 23, 2007 and I often think it wasn't she who was rescued, but rather it was us.



Things Annie loves:


Pretending she's a lap dog
(and cuddling with Deb)

Leading the pack

Hunting chipmunks with her bestie 

Hanging out with her boys,
 Suki, Sundance and Bandit
 
 Going for walks in her park

Teaching little ones to be brave

 Ear rubs and cuddles
(notice she's hugging him!)

Having her coat brushed

 Belly rubs

 New friends who come to visit

 Sharing pig ears with Sundance


Having her very own chair
 (and couch, guestroom bed and dog bed)

Warming up my side of the bed

and

Chasing squirrels, rabbits and cats
Licking the egg bowl
Peanut butter on toast
 
Things Annie dislikes:

Thunderstorms

Fireworks


Bows on her ears




Having her picture taken

and

People with hiccups
Crows
Blenders
Smoke detectors

Such a goofball!
 
Thanks for choosing us to be your family, sweet girl!
You are so loved.




6 comments:

  1. She looks like the perfect dog for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is, Kathy. We have no complaints and love her to pieces!

      Delete
  2. i love this. you've given her such a nice tribute! dogs are as necessary to my life as air and water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she's very deserving of this tribute. And, I'm happy to have written it right now while she's still with us. I don't think I'll be able to when she's gone...

      Delete
  3. The greyhound community calls this "gotcha day". Hard to say whether you or Annie got the best deal, but I'm so happy you all found each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a perfect phrase for this, JoAnn! Yep, I'm happy we found each other, too.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!