February 4, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




I'm still reading The Heart's Invisible Furies, although I should be finished in the next day or two. I'm so glad I decided to stick with this book (and was able to renew it a second time). It's really turning out to be a winner!






I've just finished the audio version of Joe Biden's book and need to decide what I want to listen to next. My book club is discussing News of the World (Paulette Jiles' historical novel), which I read this past October, but I also have it on audio so I'll probably listen to that to refresh my memory before the meeting.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (#IMWAYR) is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It’s a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organize yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment, and er… add to that ever-growing TBR pile! This meme started with J Kaye’s Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at Book Date.

Last Week's Posts: 

Eleanor and Hick by Susan Quinn

Wordless Wednesday (Oregon Coast)

A Month in Summary (January)

Looking Back - The Horse Whisperer

Olympic Peninsula Trip - Day Eight

18 comments:

  1. I really need to read News of the World since it's set in my part of the world. Several of my book group members have read it. I'll probably try it on audio since it's not very long I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I've started listening to it as a re-read for my book group discussion next week. I'm really enjoying it and think you would, too.

      Delete
  2. Sharon4:53 AM

    I am reading Stolen Beauty by Laura Lico Albanese. My daughter read it is part of her library's community book read and recommended it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I am so glad you mentioned Stolen Beauty! I've never heard of it, but after reading the description I think it's something I would really enjoy. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot about The Heart's Invisible Furies. I bet Promise Me, Dad is a rather tough read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I'm almost finished with The Heart's Invisible Furies and I'm going to be sorry to say goodbye to these characters! Promise Me, Dad isn't nearly as tough to read as I thought it might be. Even on audio. Maybe that's the problem...

      Delete
  4. I've been on the fence about Promise, Me, Dad because -- as Kathy said -- I bet it's a emotionally rough read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace, I didn't really find Promise Me, Dad to be terribly emotional to read other than one particular passage. I wonder if it would have been better to read it rather than listen. Biden's isn't the best reader I've ever listened to.

      Delete
  5. I love it when a book I'm not sure about ends up surprising me in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, I am so happy The Heart's Invisible Furies has made it's way into my heart. I'm going to miss these characters when I finish it tonight. :(

      Delete
  6. I keep seeing advertisements for the Biden book. It sounds intense. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ, the Biden book is good and not as intense as you'd think. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. You've probably finished The Heart's Invisible Furies by now. My SIL ended up reading my copy (she's a librarian and a huge reader) - and liked the first 200 pages, was bored by the second 200, and loved the final section. Guess I'll hang on to the book a little longer in case I decide to try again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I think your SIL had a similar experience to the book as I did, although I wasn't bored with the second 200 pages. I think I was a just uncomfortable with Cyril's careless behavior and the crude details of his sad youth. I was much happier with him when he finally grew up! I really enjoyed the overall story and am very glad I didn't give up on it (or on Cyril). I think you'll be glad you read it, if you go back to it later on.

      Delete
  8. Well...I am absolutely facinated by this now and I just checked and it is available at my library.
    So I will have to pick it up tomorrow :)

    Thank you for the review!

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, which book are you planning to get?

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!