March 12, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I don't know about you guys, but last week flew! Honestly, where did the time go?!



I didn't finish a single book, but I'm getting close to the end of The Soul of an Octopus. I'll probably finish just in time for my book club meeting on Thursday. 



I was able to renew my library copy of This Is How It Always Is, which made me very happy since it's such a wonderful book and I'd really hate to have to return it without finishing. (I'd probably wind up ordering it online so I could continue reading. Did I mention how good it is??)



I haven't had much time to listen to my audio book (The Great Alone), but I've enjoyed what I've listened to so far. Now that the weather is improving, I should be able to start walking outside again, which means more listening time.

What about you? Are you reading anything wonderful?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (#IMWAYR) is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It’s a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organize yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment, and er… add to that ever-growing TBR pile! This meme started with J Kaye’s Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at Book Date.

Last Week's Posts: 


H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald

Wordless Wednesday - Boiler Bay

A Month in Summary - February 2018

Looking Back - Refuge

12 comments:

  1. Sharon7:20 AM

    I finished The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen last week. Not as good as I had hoped it would be. Yesterday I finished Death of an Honest Man by M.C. Beaton. A true disappointment for a series I used to love. Let's hop this week's The Girls in the Picture by Melanie Benjamin starts an upward trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, sorry your first two books were disappointing. Here's hoping The Girls in the Picture is much better!

      Delete
  2. I just started An American Marraige and it's fantastic so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I've heard this was good! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  3. Time is passing too quickly! I loved This Is How It Always Is and was lucky enough to meet the author when she toured for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, seriously! I wish the days didn't fly quite so quickly. I'll sit down to do something on my computer and two hours pass in the blink of an eye! I'm savoring This Is How It Always Is, but feeling a little anxious now that Poppy is in middle school...

      Delete
  4. I think with Spring in the air, we are all struggling to stay focused on books! At least that's part of my excuse :) -- Can't wait to hear more about the Frankel book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, we sure are enjoying the springlike weather, although today it's raining again. Sunday was a beautiful day for our bike ride and yesterday I got to have lunch with Robin (Porchreader) and wander around McMinnville. The weather couldn't have been more perfect! Oh, the Frankel book is soooo good! I can't imagine it not hitting my Top Ten list for the year.

      Delete
  5. I'm still plugging away with The Portrait of a Lady... 85% now and it's good, but I've struggled to maintain the concentration it requires. Too much happening right now. I've started Seven Days of Us and it's a once break from James. Planning to start some nonfiction next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, good for you to stick with Henry James! I couldn't get interested and didn't care for his writing. Seven Days of Us sounds really good! Enjoy your break from James. :)

      Delete
  6. I’m always a bit worried about being bored when I retire. You give me hope. It’s a good sign that you were so busy you didn’t have time to finish a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb - Ha!! You will never be bored, trust me. I keep wishing I had more time to do all that I want to do every day. Maybe it's because I'm retired, I think I can handle more on my plate. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was bored. You'll be just fine, I'm sure. :)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!