May 1, 2018

A Month in Summary - April 2018

Chetco River
Brookings, Oregon
April 2018


April flew by! We left for a three-week road trip at the end of March and didn't return to Depoe Bay until the 18th. Once home, we kept busy catching up around the house after being away and we both had various appointments and social events which filled our days. Needless to say, I didn't get much read. Actually, I only read ONE book and it was a re-read for my book club. I'd like to think that I'll get back in my groove now that we're home, but the next few weeks look to be just as busy. 

Books read in April:

Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova

First Lines:

Damn woman is always moving his things. He can't kick off his boots in the living room or set his sunglasses down on the coffee table without her relocating them to "where they belong." Who made her God in this house? (Inside the O'Briens)

Movies & TV Series:




The Bridge - We continue to enjoy this show, although it's very dark and suspenseful! I love the two main characters.



Justice League - I enjoy a lot of the super hero movies, but this one was disappointing.

Outings:

As I said, we spent three weeks on the road and we had a great time visiting family and friends in Northern California. I'll start sharing pictures from that trip just as soon as I wrap up my posts about our Olympic Peninsula trip from last fall! 





We took one exciting trip over to Junction City last weekend and found this RV! As much as we loved our sweet little travel trailer, we discovered that it was too small for our extended travels and so we sold it (and our truck) and bought this 26 foot Class C motorhome. We can't wait to take it out for a "shakedown" trip, so we're heading up to Nehalem State Park in a little over a week. More pictures to come!

Click on images to enlarge them.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to sell your trailer so quickly and I hope you love traveling in your new RV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are super excited about the new RV. It's so much easier to backup compared to the trailer and it has lots more space inside. I just shared some exterior pictures and will get some interior shots up in a couple of weeks. We're planning a short little trip up the coast to make sure everything works as it should

      Delete
  2. I love The Bridge. I'm waiting for the last series which I'm excited about but sad to hear it'll be the last one. Your new RV looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, we just finished the last episode of Season One (of The Bridge). Oh, my! I held my breath many times during those last two episodes. Such great acting!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!