May 6, 2018

Olympic Peninsula Trip - Day Twelve (Part Two)

Thursday, September 28, 2017
Brinnon, Washington
Dosewallips State Park

After relaxing in the sun with my book, I eventually got restless and decided to go visit the elk again. They had moved from the large meadow out into the main campground. 



Everyone is keeping their distance!










We loved our campsite and hope to return this summer!



After spending some time watching the elk, I decided to walk over to the Hood Canal and the Dosewallips River confluence. It was beginning to warm up, but the hike was level and easy.







Mount Rainier








The water was so beautiful and I found myself wishing I had a kayak.















Looks like the elk have been bedding down here, too.


After I returned, we headed out to see a nearby waterfall. 



We saw this huge boulder along the trail. Sure wouldn't have wanted to be around when it rolled down the hill!!






The waterfall was beautiful!


When we returned, the elk were still in the middle of the campground, grazing and napping in the shade.



We took their lead and decided to relax, as well.

10 comments:

  1. I would have given the elk wide berth as well. The area around there is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, it's a gorgeous area and we hope to return later this year (preferably in the off season when it's not crowded).

      Delete
  2. Yes, there are elk in the New Mexico area as well. They are beautiful but very, very large. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, the elk are beautiful, but yes, very large. I wasn't nearly as worried about them as I was of encountering a moose while snow-shoeing in Colorado, though. Fortunately, none of those appeared!

      Delete
  3. This looks so pretty and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, it's a very peaceful campground. Lots of birds singing away and since it was after summer, there weren't a lot of children.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see the elk filing by. What wonderful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, the elk were fun to watch. We love the Pacific Northwest with it's tall green trees, water and mountains. It just doesn't get any better than this!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!