July 21, 2018

Bandon - Day Four

October 25, 2017
Bandon, Oregon
Bullards Beach State Park

Another slow, lazy morning. I caught up on social media while Rod did a little freelance work. The campground was quiet and the sun was shining, giving promise to another beautiful day.


A room with a view. Sort of. Our site had plenty of shrubs, providing a decent amount of privacy.


We decided to go into town for lunch and went back to the Bandon Fish Market, a spot we tried a few years ago. Sadly, it wasn't nearly as good as that first visit.


We had planned to drive over to the beach, but the clouds were rolling in, so we headed over to Face Rock Creamery for ice cream. These are "small" servings! We were definitely not disappointed with this treat!


After indulging in all of that ice cream, I decided to go for a little bike ride. Sunshine, no wind and warm (but not hot) temps made for a beautiful afternoon ride. I could ride for hours on a stretch of road like this one!


I spotted a coyote in the field and quickly jumped off my bike so I could get some pictures. 


He was a little skittish and started to run off after he spotted me.

Once he found a safe distance, he stopped and looked back at me before heading toward the ridge. I should have brought my good camera with the telephoto lens!




Ah, back to my favorite lighthouse.


I love this huge piece of wood. I can't imagine it washing ashore, but in a winter storm, anything is possible.


A view of the town of Bandon from the lighthouse.


Evening glow.


No wind, so the river was very calm.




Another fun evening listening to Game 2 of the World Series. It was actually a very thrilling game. The Astros beat the Dodgers 7-6 in extra innings after five hours!

8 comments:

  1. I love that little lighthouse - is it still in use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I don't believe so. It has a solar-powered light in the tower, but there's an automated beacon on the jetty, so this is more of a historical lighthouse at this time.

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures! We ate at place that would show up in the picture of the town of Bandon from the lighthouse. How do I know? Because we could see the lighthouse - it was called Edgewaters. Lovely food. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, thank you!! Mom and I had dinner at Edgewaters when we were in Bandon a few years ago. Yes, it's a very nice restaurant!

      Delete
  3. What great photos, I do love traveling from my armchair with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, thank you so much. I'm glad you're enjoying all these travel posts!

      Delete
  4. Pretty shots of the beach. I love a good beach town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ti, thanks so much for stopping by with your comment. I love a good beach town, too! I grew up in San Diego and lived there for 20 years. After living in Nebraska for the next 20 years, I was happy to return to the West coast!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!