December 28, 2018

Looking Back - Underfoot in Show Business

Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals.



Underfoot in Show Business by Helene Hanff
Nonfiction
1962 Harper & Row
Finished in January 1998
Rating: 1/5 (Poor)

Publisher's Blurb:

The countless admirers of Helen Hanff's 84, Charing Cross Road will welcome this delightful account of her early days as a struggling writer on the edge of show business.

When she became an apprentice playwright with new York's prestigious Theatre Guild Helene was high on the champagne of her hopes. What did she care about living chiefly on coffee in meagre bed-sitters when she could always borrow her best friend's best blouse for lunch with a producer and was meeting awe-inspiring people. She was young, stage-struck and determined to have fun.


My Original Notes (1998):

Boring! Not anything like her two other books. Skimmed a lot and don't recommend it at all.

My Current Thoughts:


No longer on my shelf and certainly no desire to read this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!