May 23, 2019

Junction & Fort Stockton, TX

Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Junction to Fort Stockton, Texas
Distance: 209 miles
Hilltop RV Park
Duration: 1 night
Cost: $30
Weather: Muggy & overcast

It was very windy on I-10, so it wasn't the most enjoyable drive. We stopped in Ozona (unremarkable) for lunch and arrived in Fort Stockton by mid-afternoon. Hilltop RV park isn't anything special, but the easy access off the interstate makes it convenient for an overnight stay. The sites are situated in a basic gravel lot with full hook-ups, showers and picnic table. It looked very stormy to the west, but, thankfully, we only had a few sprinkles. 


 I-10. Whole lot of nothing!





 Hilltop RV Park








Can't say that we would ever stay here again, unless we just needed a place to spend the night.

4 comments:

  1. Those clouds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they, though, Kathy?! I love watching a storm roll past with big clouds like these.

      Delete
  2. Yep, that looks like I-10 or what I've seen of it. There's a reason we don't usually go that way to or from New Mexico. We have driven it, but it's complicated to get to it from Ruidoso. The New Mexico roads running south are two-lane and usually full of oil and gas trucks. Hard to pass (or would be for me) and my hubby is not patient at all behind slower vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I don't usually mind passing cars and trucks, but not while driving the RV. And, we're usually the ones who are getting passed when we're driving it since we don't like to go above 55-60 mph. :)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!