November 4, 2019

A Month in Summary - October 2019

Mountain Range from Tuttle Creek Campground
Lone Pine, California


Well, that month flew by! And, not surprisingly, since we were on the road the entire time, I only managed to read one book. I think I've finally learned that I don't need to pack a dozen books for our two-month road trips each fall. 

We had a wonderful trip and I'm already working on my photos with hopes of getting started on my travel posts later this week. This year's trip was a bit different than the one we took last fall in that we didn't make any reservations for our return from San Diego other than for the two nights we stayed near L.A. This allowed us much more freedom to extend our stays if we found a location we really enjoyed or, conversely, to move on up the road if we weren't impressed (or were too cold!) with the campground. And that turned out to be a great idea! We met a wonderful couple who showed us some of their favorite spots near Mount Shasta and McCloud and we wound up staying few days longer, just to hang out with them. 

I could go on and on about the trip (and load this post with dozens of photos), but I'll save all of that news for the individual posts about our journey.

Books Read in October (click on title for my review):

The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

First Lines:

In the six months since the November day that his wife, Nola, was buried, Arthur Moses has been having lunch with her every day. He rides the bus to the cemetery and when he gets there, he takes his sweet time walking over to her plot: she will be there no matter when he arrives. She will be there and be there and be there. (The Story of Arthur Truluv)

Movies and TV Shows:



Game of Thrones (Season Six) - So good! And, so good that we still have two more seasons to watch!



Dead Pool - Second viewing. Not quite as funny as the first time we watched this, but still entertaining.



Iron Man - Again, not quite as good as the first time we saw this, but still fun.



The Girl in the Spider's Web - This is such a gritty and tense series to view on the big screen. I couldn't help but think of Claire Foye as Queen Elizabeth as I watched Lisbeth fight the bad guys, which was really weird!

Outings and Trips:


 Mono Lake


 Topaz Lake


 Fallen Leaf Lake


  Manzanita Lake


 McCloud River Falls


Lake Siskiyou

 Klamath River


 Rogue River


Umpqua River


As you can see, we really love camping near lakes and rivers, but, it's good to be home. (We love the ocean, too!) It didn't take long before we started hearing our friends ask where our next destination might be. We're not sure exactly where (or when) we'll go, but Vancouver Island is high on our list. It's been over a decade since we explored the San Juan Islands (via boat) and we're eager to see what it has to offer for RVing.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving (yes, it's early, but you know how time flies!) and a calm holiday season. 

8 comments:

  1. You saw lots of lovely sights and I'm sure the loveliest sight of all was the bride you saw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures of the scenery on your trip! Loved them! I'll look forward to your individual reports. Glad you two had such a good time! We're back from NM, but will be quite busy for a time. And then the holiday season is quickly creeping up. Not sure when I'll update my blog, but I'm sure I will at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay. It was a wonderful trip and we couldn't have had better weather to see all that we saw. Hope all went well in NM. We'll be in touch.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. You live in paradise, and you vacation in paradise. I'd almost think you'd found an uninhabited land, and wouldn't that be lovely. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it pretty much feels that way!

      I've started drafting my first post for this recent trips. Hopefully, I'll get them all published before our next trip!

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful fall trip! I'm looking forward to your posts about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel! Now comes the fun of going through hundreds of photos that I shot. ;) Joking aside, it really is fun since I tend to shoot a lot and then forget to look at them for weeks or months. Lots of nice surprises in the process.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!