March 5, 2020

California Road Trip 2019 - Topaz Lake Waterfowl

Saturday, October 5, 2019
Topaz Lake

We weren't planning to stay at Topaz Lake for more than one night, but our next campground didn't have any available sites, so we decided to spend the day relaxing, reading, and gazing at the lake. We went for a little walk, but there wasn't much else to do. I grabbed my camera and went for a longer walk along the rocky shore and got some pictures of a solitary pelican, as well as some other birds. My zoom lens wasn't working very well, so the pictures aren't very sharp. All in all, it was a pretty quiet day, which isn't a bad thing.
















Glad we weren't in a site with these dropping on our roof all night!



















Not the greatest shots, but it was fun watching all the birds out on the lake. Sure makes me wish we had an inflatable kayak...

4 comments:

  1. Just looking at these photos gives me a feeling of serenity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it was very peaceful and relaxing.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg, I think it's pretty busy with lots of families during the summer months. Looking at the website, you can see a lot of boats on the lake, so I doubt it's as peaceful as it was during our stay. ;)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!