June 11, 2020

California Road Trip 2019 - Hornbrook (Part II)

Saturday & Sunday, October 19-20, 2019
Hornbrook, CA
Blue Heron RV Park

We spent most of Saturday relaxing at our camp site catching up on various projects and reading by the river. The sun eventually came out and it warmed up to about 60 degrees. There were a few fishing boats out on the river in the morning, as well as a Great blue heron (which was also fishing) on the shoreline. The sound of the river was so soothing and with only a few other RVers, it was very peaceful.

Sunday started out cold and cloudy, but no rain, so after chatting with our neighbors about their 40' Winnebago Journey (too big for us, but fun to see the interior), I took a walk up the hill behind the RV park and got a great view of the surrounding area. We spent most of the afternoon relaxing by the river and caught a great sunset later that evening. 

Click on images for larger view.












































8 comments:

  1. I feel as if I just took a trip to the river with you. What a lovely view of the water you had for your morning coffee. Beautiful and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to catch up wi th h your camping posts! Northern California looks nice. I've never been west of Kansas City and even ghen, not camping.

    Here is a link for the baguette recipe I told you I'd send.
    Its super easy and our favorite bread.

    https://tinaculbertson.blogspot.com/2012/01/bread-tools.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, We love the Pacific Northwest and Northern California and have had some great adventures camping there. We are lucky to now life in Oregon, so we can get to both areas very easily.

    Thanks for the link to your bread recipe. I don't have a bread machine, so I wonder what I would need to do to adapt it. Regular yeast? Kneading until mixed well with my KitchenAid mixer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two always find the best spots for your happy hours. :-) I'm glad you're still posting about your fall trip. One of these days soon I'll pick up where I left off in our travels last summer, lol. Everything seems so surreal to me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Location, location, location! A perfect setting for happy hour is very important. :) Only a few more posts remain to be shared from this trip. After that, I may have to resort to writing about a some from a couple of years ago!

      Delete
  5. Such pretty landscape. I bet that was so relaxing to just hear see the skies and river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, it was VERY relaxing. I wish we could be there right now, although our little community is pretty relaxing, too.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!