February 22, 2021

All Shall Be Well

 



Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Series #2
Mystery
1994 Scribner Book Company
Finished on February 20, 2021
Rating: 3/5 (Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

Perhaps it is a blessing when Jasmine Dent dies in her sleep. At last an end has come to the suffering of a body horribly ravaged by disease. It may well have been suicide; she had certainly expressed her willingness to speed the inevitable. But small inconsistencies lead her neighbor, Superintendent Duncan Kincaid, to a startling conclusion: Dent was murdered. But if not for mercy, why would someone destroy a life already doomed? As Kincaid and his appealing assistant Sergeant Gemma James sift through the dead woman's strange history, a troubling puzzle emerges: a bizarre amalgam of charity and crime--and of the blinding passions that can drive the human animal to perform cruel and inhuman acts.

Eager to get heavily immersed in Deborah Crombie's Kincaid/James series, I decided to reread All Shall Be Well shortly after finishing A Share in Death (the first in the series). In this second installment, Crombie teases out more details about the personal lives of Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James, while keeping me guessing as to the identity of Jasmine's possible killer. This wasn't as suspenseful as the previous mystery and I was a little impatient for more action, but overall I think it's a good read. Next up, Leave the Grave Green

Click here to read my original review for this book. My rating this time around is a little bit lower than when I read it in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!