August 20, 2021

Looking Back - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals.



2000 Scholastic
Read in July 2000
Rating: 4/5 (Very Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

For twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort.

Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well. And the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts . . . he's at Hogwarts."

Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.

My Original Thoughts (2000):

Very good and suspenseful! The ending was a little confusing and I had to read over a few pages twice, but all in all it was quite entertaining. I'm ready to dive into the fourth in the series!

My Current Thoughts:

This was another entertaining installment to the series. It might be fun to listen to all of the books now that so many years have passed since I read them.

10 comments:

  1. This was my favorite book in the series and the movie version is excellent, especially with the actor who plays Sirius Black. I love that we learn so much of the back story in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I wish I could remember more about these books! I read them as they were published and think it would have been more fun to binge on them, one after another. And yes, Gary Oldman was outstanding in the film.

      Delete
  2. I love this series and I am such a Potterhead. My son gave me a snow globe with Hedwig's theme playing, the hogwarts train moves around on the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, it might be time for me to listen to all of these books in this series on audio. So good!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you...I think I would like to listen to the books on audio! I loved reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, maybe someday. I have soooooo many other audiobooks in my queue!

      Delete
  4. Harry Potter is one of those series people can come back to every so often and find great enjoyment. And I like the idea of listening to these on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, the audio (with Jim Dale) books are outstanding.

      Delete
  5. This was my favorite HP book. I've re-read a few of the earlier books but not the entire series. I'd be curious to try them on audio as well. I know everyone raves about Jim Dale's narration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, Jim Dale is fabulous. He also narrates The Night Circus, which is one of my favorite audiobooks.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!