December 6, 2021

A Month in Summary - November 2021

Highway 20
Heading To Corvallis, Oregon
November 2021

Is anyone as surprised as I am that we are nearing the end of 2021?! My November calendar was filled with all sorts of activities, appointments and social events. What a difference a year makes!

We spent the first couple of days getting some minor repairs taken care of on the RV and now it's tucked in for the winter at the storage facility. We celebrated our 33rd anniversary, got our flu shots and Covid boosters, enjoyed a wonderful pre-holiday luncheon with some friends, and hosted Thanksgiving for family members who traveled from Washington, Nebraska and California to be with us for several days. Have I started Christmas cards or decorated our Christmas tree? Nope! I'm still catching my breath, but will dive into those activities in the coming days.

With all the hustle and bustle of the month, I'm surprised that I managed to finish three books, especially since one was over 500 pages. Two out of three were winners, so I'm very pleased.


Books Read (click on the title for my review):

Living Out Loud by Anna Quindlen (2/5)

The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson (5/5)

A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (5/5)

Abandoned:

Untamed by Glennon Doyle

Harry Truman's Excellent Adventure by Matthew Algeo

Movies & TV Series:


Manhunt (Season Two) - Very good. Martin Clunes is outstanding. I wish there was more to watch, but there are only two seasons. Well done!


Only Murders in the Building - Gave up after two episodes.


Injustice (Season 1) - Not as good as Foyle's War (also by Horowitz) and not very memorable.


Dalgliesh - Meh. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it.


Greyhound - Excellent film, but very intense. I think I held my breath for 90 minutes!


Get Back - Excellent! It was so interesting to see how the Beatles created their iconic music. I could watch it again, but would skip the first half of the second episode. 


Shetland (Season 6) - We're enjoying this new season. Love their accents and are thankful for closed captioning. 


Gilmore Girls (Season 1) - I've been watching this on my own in the evening. I used to watch it with my daughter when it first came out, but never watched the entire series. It's still just as silly, predictable and sappy as it was 2000, but it makes me laugh.

Puzzlemania: 



Celebrations!

Celebrating 33 years of marriage!



Thanksgiving with my mom, Rod, my three brothers and their families. We missed those who couldn't join us this year!

Less than three weeks until Christmas! Are you ready?

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful family photos! Happy Anniversary & post Thanksgiving! So glad you could all be together, what fun. Seems like you had a great holiday ... and what an interesting puzzle. Big too. We liked the Grey Hound movie - it is intense. And I want to see the Beatles documentary ... I got to find that ... All in all, you had an excellent month. I'm catching my breath too .... before dealing with December activities ... We need a breather first. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. We missed having our daughter here, but maybe next year. I think you'll enjoy the Beatles documentary. I loved watching how they came up with lyrics to their music. It gets a little slow (and annoying) in the first hour of the second episode and I didn't think I'd want to continue watching, but it eventually improves. Both Rod & I have been humming Beatles music for over a week now! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your family photos and congrats on 33 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I'm so glad we were able to host Thanksgiving this year. It was so nice to spend time with my brothers and their families.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I looked forward to Murder in the Building, but two episodes--more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenclair. It feels like the 33 years have flown by!

      Yeah, Only Murders in the Building was quite a dud. The Beatles documentary, on the other hand, is very good... if you're a fan of their music.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful month you had and congratulations on 33 years of marriage!

    I love your TV recap and must add manhunt to my list of what to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. It was such a wonderful month of celebrations.

      Yes, Manhunt is worthwhile!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely Thanksgiving! How wonderful to gather with family again. In answer to your question, we've got our holiday decorations up, and I'm most excited about the beautiful handmade oyster shell Christmas tree I got at a local gallery. :-)

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel! It truly was a memorable Thanksgiving. Ooh, I can't wait to see a photo of your oyster shell Christmas tree! A lot of folks around here have decorative trees made with driftwood, but I've never seen one with oyster shells. :)

      Thanks for the anniversary wishes. In some ways, 1988 seems like such a long time ago, but it also feels like yesterday.

      Delete
  6. It makes me happy to see photos of family gatherings again. Sure looks like you all had a wonderful time together! Belated anniversary (and early birthday!) wishes. So hard to believe it's December already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, it makes me happy, too! We really did have a wonderful time with my brothers and their families. Thanks for the anniversary and birthday wishes. I can't believe Christmas is only 2 weeks away! It seems to sneak up on me more quickly every year.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!