January 20, 2024

Books Over 400 Pages Read in 2023

 

Do you avoid big books? I do, but once I get immersed in one, I don't want it to end! Forget your Goodreads goal and sink into a chunky story. Here are mine from 2023. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Fellowship Point by Alice Elliott Dark 

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (so good on audio!)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Count the Ways by Joyce Maynard

⭐⭐⭐⭐💫 Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Damnation Spring by Ash Davidson

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister (excellent on audio)

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano

⭐⭐⭐💫 The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (not as good as A Gentleman in Moscow)

⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill

⭐⭐⭐💫 Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (re-read for book club; better the first time around)

⭐⭐⭐⭐ A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (another re-read for book club)

8 comments:

  1. I don't avoid big books, but they do take longer to read of course. You read some good ones. I've read COMING HOME, the Susan Hill book, and the last two, CUTTING FOR STONE and A FINE BALANCE. All were good. Wonder how many 400+ you'll read this year? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I actually put together a stack of "Over 400 Page" books to dive into this year. I have at least 14 to choose from. It would be great if I could read one every month, but we'll see how that goes. :)

      Delete
    2. Laurel8:27 PM

      I didn't realize Hello Beautiful is 400 pages. I'm a fast reader, and I was wondering why it is taking me so long to get through it, LOL!

      Delete
    3. Laurel, it's funny how some books don't look nearly as long as they are. I've also come to ignore the page count shown on Goodreads. It tends to be higher than the actual pages that I read. Almost as if they include all the extra pages for title, copyright, paper type, etc. Lol!

      Delete
  2. I remember liking but not loving Cutting for Stone (why are his books soooo long?!) and I really enjoyed Mad Honey. I just got a copy of Hello Beautiful and am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I loved Cutting for Stone the first time I read it, but not nearly as much the second time around. I may have stopped reading it had I not been rereading it for my book group discussion. Mad Honey and Hello Beautiful don't seem nearly as long as Cutting for Stone!

      Delete
  3. That's an impressive list of long reads! You were on a roll. I can't wait to read many of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I have enough in my stacks to read at least one 400+ book each month this year. We'll see if that actually happens. ;)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!