January 16, 2024

Bookstores of 2023

 

In addition to exploring new areas while traveling in our RV, we love to support independent bookstores, and seek out as many as possible while on our road trips. This past year, we discovered a few that were new to us, as well as returning to some old favorites. Have you been to any of these?

Cafe Books - Canmore, Alberta
Polar Peek Books - Fernie, British Columbia
Munro's Books - Victoria, British Columbia
Tanner's Books - Sidney, British Columbia
Windowseat Books - Nanaimo, British Columbia
Cloud & Leaf Bookstore - Manzanita, Oregon

10 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful thing to keep track of, new bookstores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I try to make a note of bookstores to visit when we're roadtripping.

      Delete
  2. I have not been to any of these, but as you know, I love visiting bookstores and libraries while we travel. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, it's a nice way to get a flavor of a new community, especially if they have a good local author selection.

      Delete
  3. I have not been to those! The Cloud & Leaf looks cute. There's a couple small indie bookstores near us but not one I really love yet. Finding them on trips is always great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, we've been to The Cloud & Leaf several times now, so it's not really a "new-to-me" store, but I do enjoy it and always buy a couple of books while I'm there.

      Delete
  4. We have a wonderful indie bookstore in Santa Barbara though it doesn't have the charm of those in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I wish I had made the images of the stores a bit larger, but yes, they are charming! Some, like Munro's, have a huge selection to choose from.

      Delete
  5. Laurel8:08 PM

    I love The Cloud & Leaf and have bought books there. We always visit independent bookstores in our travels, too. So fun to see your selection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I love that you've been to The Cloud & Leaf. We love Manzanita, and we're hoping to get up there in March if it ever stops raining!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!