August 12, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Years of August Reading

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. I couldn't resist joining in the fun with this week's theme. It was fun looking back on a decade's worth of monthly summaries for August. What did your last ten years of August reading look like? I chose the book with the highest rating from each of the last ten summers. I was surprised that there were a few years in which I only read two books that month!

2025

2024

2023

2022

2021

2020

2019

2018

2017

2016

8 comments:

  1. Les, I really enjoyed seeing this post on several blogs. It was fun and definitely interesting. I think yours wins as the one where I had also read several of the books - 4! Dark Matter, Under the Harrow, Crime On The Fens, and A Better Man. Think all are either mysteries or thriller type, which is my usual fare. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this post, Kay. I had fun going back through all of my August posts to see what I was reading this past decade. Those four books we both have read were very good, weren't they? I think once I finish up the summer reading challenge, I'll shift gears and focus on the shelves of mysteries I have (thanks to my mom!) accumulated. I should be able to zip through quite a few since they keep me reading late into the night.

      Delete
  2. Cool idea! I think I'll do the same thing. I haven't posted on my blog in over a year, maybe? I think I have a commenting problem. I've also noted a few books/authors I am not familiar with, but I quite trust your opinion on books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think you should do this! I'll pop over to your blog soon and see if you've posted on it.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've heard of that O'Farrell title. And I still need to read Stewart O'Nan. thx for the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, even though I read My Lover's Lover last August, I had to go back and re-read my review to refresh my memory. Having read so many of her novels in one year, they all blur together. Yes, Stewart O'Nan has some winners. I especially like Emily, Alone and Henry, Himself. Some of his others were just ok.

      Delete
  4. This is one of the best TTT topics ever! I'm so glad you decided to join in the fun and am happy to see so many of my favorite authors and titles here.... Elizabeth Strout, Ann Patchett, Stewart O'Nan, Lily King, and Maggie O'Farrell. That's some great August reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I agree! I couldn't not join in on this one. I did read a lot of great authors. This summer has many of the same. I'm ready for more by Stewart O'Nan. Maybe I need to reread Emily, Alone and Henry, Himself. Loved those books.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!