August 18, 2007

Jeremy Fisher's Goodbye Blue Monday


I'm switching gears here for a moment to talk about a musician I recently discovered (thanks to the in-store play list at work). His name is Jeremy Fisher and he's from Hamilton, Ontario. His music is a cross between folk and blues. He plays acoustic and slide guitars, as well as the harmonica, and is a bit reminiscent of Paul Simon. His lyrics are very catchy and I find myself humming the tunes long after I've left work.

Check out his new cd Goodbye Blue Monday. You can also find several videos on YouTube.

Go here and here for more information. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love folk and blues and guitar! I'm going to check him out right now. Thanks for sharing your find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les - I checked him out after you mentioned him earlier and I thought Paul Simon immediately, too. I like him! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellezza - I hope you enjoy his music. I heard the cd twice at work today and I'm still not tired of it. That's always a good sign. :)

    Beachreader - You're welcome. Thank you for all your music tips!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!