February 17, 2006

Rules of Prey











Rules of Prey by John Sandford
Mystery

Finished on 1/25/06
Rating: A (9/10 Terrific!)

Another Lucas Davenport mystery – actually, the first in the series. While I enjoy a fast-paced, intense mystery, for me it’s usually the main characters that provide the most entertainment and keep the pages turning. However, in this particular thriller both elements worked together to make me even more eager to read the next in the series (Shadow Prey). There’s a marvelous scene involving Davenport in a foot-chase and I as I was reading as fast as I possibly could, I discovered I’d been holding my breath in anticipation of the outcome. I love a good cat & mouse game and Sandford provides just the right amount of tension.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! :) Unfortunately I listened to this one so I didn't get the thrill of racing through the words/pages. I hate when that happens! It was good nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy - Keep going with the series. It gets better the further along you go and the more you learn about Lucas.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!