July 19, 2007

Where In the World Is Lesley? (Day Nine)

Itinerary: Roche Harbor to Sidney (Vancouver Island, British Columbia) via Haro Strait
Cruising Time: 2 hours
Weather: Foggy, overcast and 57 degrees (awoke at 4 a.m. to heavy rain)

It's been 14 years since my last visit to Sidney and it's still just as gorgeous as I remember. The marina is quite a bit more upscale than it was in 1993, and the town has grown into quite a touristy community, yet it hasn't lost its charm and appeal, especially to this landlocked Midwesterner.

We didn't see any of the swans that frequent the marina, but the familiar sight of hanging flower baskets at the end of each boat slip (over 300, I believe) brought back memories of that long ago trip. (I think I have almost identical photographs from both trips!)


Leaving Roche Harbor, heading toward Haro Strait
(Yep, our fog horn works!)

I love these red & white beacons.

Coming up on Port Sidney.
The fog is just beginning to lift.



Flags at the Customs tent.

Happy dock hand.

Some kind of nautical knot.

Lovely homes overlooking the marina.
Time to buy a lottery ticket!


The ubiquitous flower baskets.

Happy voyager!

Click on photograph for full-size view.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics!!! Looks like an amazing vacation. I love the commentary on the one pic of "some kind of nautical knot." LOL

    I tagged you in a blogging tips meme, but don't worry about following through...just enjoy the rest of your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literalicious - Thank you so much. It was a fantastic vacation. Probably one of the very best we've ever taken.

    I may skip the meme for now. I have so much to do just catching up on my blog-hopping, posting, uploading pics to Kodak Gallery, laundry, and most of all, READING! Thanks for stopping by, though.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!