January 1, 2008 - December 31, 2008
N. Vasillis over at 1330V is sponsoring a Memoir, Autobiography, Biography challenge for 2008. She's created an In Their Shoes group blog here.
The rules are simple:
1. You pick the number of books that you want to read.
2. You also pick the books you read. They just have to be either a memoir, autobiography, or biography. If you don't know the differences, Vasilly has provided definitions for you!
3. You can cross challenge books from other challenges with this one .
4. You can also re-read books.
5. You can post your reviews on the group blog or your own.
AND there may be a prize at the end!
This is the perfect challenge for me. I love memoirs! And once again, I'm choosing books that I already own (many of which I've had for several years!). Here are my choices:
1. The Curve of Time: The Classic Memoir of a Woman and Her Children Who Explored the Coastal Waters of the Pacific Northwest by M. Wylie Blanchet
2. Stuffed: Adventures of a Restaurant Family by Patricia Volk
3. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
4. On Writing by Stephen King
5. Libby: The Alaskan Diaries and Letters of Libby Beaman, 1879-1880 as presented by her Granddaughter Betty John
6. Prairie Reunion by Barbara J. Scot
7. Under a Wing by Reeve Lindbergh
8. Clear Springs: A Family Story by Bobbie Ann Mason
9. My Losing Season by Pat Conroy
10. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
11. Still Life with Chickens: Starting Over in a House by the Sea by Catherine Goldhammer
12. Peter Jennings: A Reporter's Life by by Kate Darnton (Editor), Kayce Freed Jennings (Editor), Lynn Sherr (Editor)