July 7, 2008

A Month in Review (June '08)

Another light month! Summer is here and I've been busy at work, fishing, cooking, playing with my camera, pulling weeds and slappin' mosquitoes (gotta love all that rain we've had this year!). I figure I'll get more books read this winter when I can't play outside!

Click on the titles to read my reviews.

The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (4.5/5)

The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason (4/5)

Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts (2.5/5)


Favorite of the month: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

Books Read 3
DNF 0
Male Authors 0
Female Authors 3
New-To-Me Authors 1
Audio 0
Fiction 3
Nonfiction 0
Historical Fiction 0
Classic 0
Poetry 0
Teen 0
Children's 0
Sci-Fi 1
Fantasy 0
Horror 0
Romance 1
Humor 0
Travel 0
Memoir 0
Culinary 0
Mystery/Thriller 0
Series 1
Re-read 1
Challenge 0
Mine 2
Borrowed 1
ARC 0
Gift 1

Note: Only books completed are counted in the above totals with, of course, the exception of the DNF category.

5 comments:

  1. I've GOT to read The Sparrow! I saw it when I was organizing my bookshelves yesterday and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that you really liked 2 out of 3 of the books you read. That's always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult to read in good weather.

    The Sparrow intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get a whole lot of reading done in June either. July on the other hand is really flying along. I've already finished 3 books, which is a good start for this early in the month...for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi - I suppose it's inevitable that you would think of me when you see a copy of The Sparrow. I've been the unofficial cheerleader for the book for over a decade now!

    Nancy - Yep, two out of three isn't too bad. Right now, I'm juggling two books and one keeps putting me to sleep and the other quite possibly could wind up on my Top Ten for 2008. We shall see!

    Bybee - I hope you get a chance to read The Sparrow. It's such a wonderful story. I still find myself thinking of several of the characters.

    Carl - Good for you! I'm having a slow start this month. Gave up on one, plodding through another and savoring a third. If the slow one weren't for a face-to-face group, I'd have probably tossed it by now. Oh, well. It may turn out to be a great discussion nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!