July 10, 2008

Snow in July??


Update:
Obviously, there was a glitch in the Weather Advisory on WeatherBug this morning! Here are the actual stats for the day, thus far:

Daily Weather Data

High Temp: 92°F
Low Temp: 64°F
Rain Total: 0.00"
Wind Gust: 26mph
Sunrise: 6:05 AM
Sunset: 8:59 PM

While I would have liked cooler temps, I really don't think I'm ready for winter weather!

I know we've have some unusually cool and damp weather this summer, but imagine my surprise this morning when I clicked on the WeatherBug icon to read this local warning!

ALERT 1 - Winter Weather Advisory
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT
UNTIL NOON CST TODAY

Issue Time: 5:03AM CDT, Thursday Jul 17, 2008
Valid Until: 1:00PM CDT, Thursday Jul 17, 2008
Back to summary

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT
UNTIL NOON CST TODAY THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY. PATCHY FREEZING RAINLIGHT RAIN AND SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS MORNING THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR LIGHT SNOW THIS AFTERNOON
Urgent - Winter Weather Message

National Weather Service Omaha/Valley Ne

I'm fairly certain this is a bug in the system. However, we do live in Nebraska, so I guess anything is possible!

13 comments:

  1. Too funny. I know they run tests from time to time. I sure hope that was a test! My husband was in Omaha on business for a couple of days (got home last night) and didn't mention anything about it being unusually cold there ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 AM

    Yes, I'm in Lincoln and I saw it too! I had to pop online to see if anyone else noticed. Greetings to you all! Be sure and wear your warm coats today!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. That would be something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, if I saw that for the Dallas area I would thank my lucky stars! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No no no! I live northwest of you in South Dakota and I have half the day off today and it BETTER BE BEAUTIFUL out! Now I must check the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If that is the case I am leaving now and heading up that way. I could use some cool temps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEK! I've been wanting it to cool off a bit but not quite this soon.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:57 PM

    The date - July 17 - shows that the Weather Bug has a bug all right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm heading to Nebraska for sure! Anything to get me out of Illinois humidity.

    If it snows, but some wool socks on with your Birkis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That had my ROTFLMAO! Thanks so much for sharing this weather report glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very funny. I like how you said 'fairly' certain. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That may have been the same storm that hit here yesterday. They were calling for hail but not snow! Get out your mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary - Definitely a fluke. Even the date was a week off. I'm sure your husband suffered through the heat along with the rest of us. :)

    gmatkin1 - Wasn't it a bit of a shock, though, when you first saw it? I honestly believed it was possible...for a second.

    Nice to get a comment from a local! Thanks for stopping by.

    Nat - You know, you just never know about the weather in Nebraska, although snow in July would really be a stretch.

    Andi - You and me both! I could go for a 30 degree day right now. It was 95 yesterday. I'm sure y'all have already hit the 100 degree mark, though.

    Lisa - Not to worry. It was just a glitch in the system. :)

    Carl - If it were the case, you probably wouldn't have to leave home. Our weather usually heads south to you in less than 24 hours. I'm with you. I'd welcome some cooler temps right now. Thank goodness for friends with a gorgeous pool. It was 95 yesterday and spent the afternoon floating in the pool.

    Taminator - Oh, a day or two of freezing temps would be lovely, though, don't you think?

    Thanks for visiting!

    Anonymous - Yah, I noticed that. WB was all messed up!

    Bellezza - Come on out, but bring your bathing suit! With yesterday's 95 degree temps, we'll be floating in a friend's pool for the next few months.

    Teddy Rose - Me, too!!

    Nan - Well, ya just never know about the weather in Nebraska.

    Tara - Lucky for my husband, he still has his snow shovel in the car. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!