September 20, 2009

A Month in Summary - June '09



Yes. I know. It's the middle of September and I'm just now getting around to posting my monthly summary for June. We've had a busy summer! A road trip to the Sandhills, a trip to the Oregon Coast, a getaway visit with friends in Missouri (near Kansas City), and a long weekend at the beach in Virginia. Time flies when you're having fun, right? I have to say I'm beginning to look forward to the shorter days of the coming season. I can't wait to curl up on the couch under a warm blanket with a cup of tea and a good book.

But back to my June's stats!

The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cooke (2.5/5)

Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (3.5/5)

In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan (4.5/5)

Still Life with Chickens: Starting Over in a House by the Sea by Catherine Goldhammer (2.5/5)

Taking Lottie Home by Terry Kay (DNF)

Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg (4.5/5)


Click on the titles to read my reviews.

Favorite of the month: Tied between In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan and Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg. Two very different books, yet both were extremely enjoyable to read.

Books Read 5
DNF 1
Male Authors 2
Female Authors 3
New-To-Me Authors 3
Epistolary 0
Audio 0
Fiction 2
Nonfiction 3
Historical Fiction 0
Coming-of-Age 0
Classic 0
Poetry 0
Teen 0
Children's 0
Sci-Fi 0
Fantasy 0
Horror 0
Graphic Novel 1
Romance 0

Humor 0
Travel 0
Memoir 1
Biography 1
Short Stories 0

Essays 0
Culinary 1
Mystery/Thriller 0
Re-read 0
Mine 3
Borrowed 1
ARC 1

Note: Only books completed are counted in the above totals with, of course, the exception of the DNF category.

3 comments:

  1. Well, better late than never, right? LOL I have a Michael Pollan book but I can't remember which one. I started it and ended up setting it aside because of other obligations. It's probably in a box, somewhere. I'm glad to see you enjoyed In Defense of Food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your favourite books are books I wouldn't mind reading one of these days! I just need more time to read everything that I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - I suppose. Maybe I should start in on September's so I can post in on the 1st. Wouldn't that be original?

    There are several other books by Pollan that I'd like to read. The Omnivore's Dilemma. The Botany of Desire. A Place of My Own (great cover!). And, Second Nature. I love his style!

    Kailana - I hear you! I'm lucky if I squeeze an hour of reading in each day. Gone are those months of 8-10 books read. I've only finished 31 so far this year!

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!