I love lists. Currently, I have seven separate lists on my desk. They're all book-related and I keep hoping to make time to write some posts about each of them. But first things first. Andi blogged about The Morning News 2012 Tournament of Books (presented by Field Notes) and after quickly scanning the list of titles, I knew I'd have to add the widget and link to my sidebar. This isn't really a challenge, but I
Here's the list, followed by the information posted on The Morning News. I've highlighted the books I own (in red) and the books I plan to read (in green). Any comments or other recommendations? Are any better on audio than the printed format?
The 16 Books That Will Compete in Our Eighth Annual Battle Royale
- Nathacha Appanah, The Last Brother
- Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending
- Teju Cole, Open City
- Helen DeWitt, Lightning Rods
- Patrick deWitt, The Sisters Brothers
- Jeffrey Eugenides, The Marriage Plot
- Chad Harbach, The Art of Fielding
- Alan Hollinghurst, Stranger’s Child
- Jesmyn Ward, Salvage the Bones
- Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
- Téa Obreht, The Tiger’s Wife
- Michael Ondaatje, The Cat’s Table
- Ann Patchett, State of Wonder
- Donald Ray Pollock, Devil All the Time
- Karen Russell, Swamplandia!
- Kate Zambreno, Green Girl
Details for the tournament can be found here. The official tournament begins on March 7th.