April 23, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Not much of anything! It's been a month since I last posted what I was reading, but we were on a three-week long road trip and I rarely get any reading time in when we travel. Too much to see and do!



I read a few more pages of Travels With Charley and would have read more, but I needed to concentrate on my book club selection since we would be home in time for that meeting.



I read Inside the O'Briens back in 2015 (you can find my review here), but I wanted to read it again before book club so it would be fresh in my mind. Unfortunately, I only managed to read about half of the book, but I still enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts on the subject. Most of the women in my group knew one of the neighbors who had Huntington's Disease (and has since passed away), so there was lots to talk about with regard to that disease, as well as Alzheimers, ALS, and Parkinson's. We all agreed that Lisa Genova knows her subject matter and is a great author, as well. I'm still enjoying this re-read, but it may be the only book I finish in April!



I'm still listening to The Great Alone and am anxious to get back out on the walking trails so I can spend more time listening to this book.

What about you? Are you reading anything wonderful?
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (#IMWAYR) is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It’s a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organize yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment, and er… add to that ever-growing TBR pile! This meme started with J Kaye’s Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at Book Date.

Last Week's Month's Posts:

Olympic Peninsula Trip - Day Twelve (Part One)

Looking Back - Their Fathers' God by O.E. Rolvaag

A Month in Summary - March 2018

Wordless Wednesday - Highway 1 (Sonoma County)

Looking Back - The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds

Looking Back - A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines

Under the Harrow by Flynn Berry

Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen

22 comments:

  1. It can be hard to squeeze in reading when you're traveling. I look forward to reading about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, keeping up with my journal is just about all I can do in the evening once we've settled in for the night. I'm sure I'll get my groove back when it comes to reading one of these days.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home! Judging from your Instagram photos, it was an excellent trip. I absolutely loved the audio version of Travels with Charley and suggested listening again on our drive north. We'll see if that actually happens ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn! We had a great trip and made a huge decision about our future travels. Decided to sell our trailer & truck and have bought a Class C motorhome! Eeek! We have plans to eventually go full-time with this nomadic lifestyle and wanted to be able to take my mom with us on some of our trips before she is no longer able. So, a larger RV with more space and easier to drive/park/maneuver. It's bittersweet, though, since we do love our little fiberglass egg... Anyhow, I may have to switch over to the audio of Travels with Charley since I'm not making any progress!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed that Genova book too. Although I will say that her books are not necessarily ones that I'd want to reread. They are very good, but emotional as well. I've not read The Great Alone, but I do like that author's work. One day. I'm starting a blog break for about 3 weeks, so I'll likely not be commenting for a bit. And I'm excited about traveling and also our dear friend's visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I'm almost finished with Inside the O'Briens and I'm really enjoying it. I find that I remember a lot of the details, but it's still a good read. The Great Alone is getting pretty intense and I have a feeling it's going to get pretty emotional in another chapter or two. We'll see. Enjoy your break and your visitor!!

      Delete
  4. Sharon8:55 AM

    I read I AM ANASTASIA by Ariel Lawhon and loved it. It was a little disconcerting at first as Anna Anderson's chapters were told in reverse order.
    I am almost done with HURRICANE SEASON by Lauren K. Denton. I am liking that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I'll have to look into I Am Anastasia. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. How exciting to be traveling! I rarely read when I travel (except for airplane rides)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace, we love our road trips and have just purchased a new RV so we can go on longer trips and eventually live in it fulltime! My hubby does some freelance editing, which he can do while we travel, so he keeps busy.

      Delete
  6. You've got so many wonderful things to see that it's no wonder reading is taking a backseat. I do want to read this one by Lisa Genova! I'm reading a great mystery right now, The Widows of Malabar Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, I can't complain, although I would like to find a little more time in the evening to read. This one by Genova is just as good the second time around. If you would like me to send it to you when I'm finished, I'd be happy to.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you’ve been reading some interesting books. The Great Alone is on my TBR list, so I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ, The Great Alone is proving to be a very good audio book. I need to carve more time out of my day to listen, though!

      Delete
  8. I really liked The Great Alone and would like at some stage to listen to it on audio as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, The Great Alone is a very good audio. The reader is quite good.

      Delete
  9. Great selection. I'm on hold for The Great Alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I'll be interested to hear what you think of Hannah's book.

      Delete
  10. Love travelling! I love being part of a booclub but still seeking for one. I need an online one as I can't committ to a meeting one as I've got limited free time with a toddler.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelica Joy, I love to travel, too. Road trips are especially fun, particularly since we live in the Pacific Northwest. I hope you can find a good online book club to join. Good luck!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!