March 17, 2019

San Angelo & New Braunfels, TX

Thursday, September 27, 2018
San Angelo to New Braunfels, Texas
Distance: 281 (60 of which were unnecessary!)
Linda & Bob's Hacienda
Duration: 4 nights
Weather: Hot & humid

The sun came out and we had a very pretty morning as we prepared to head southeast toward our good friends' home in New Braunfels. The GPS wasn't in agreement with our route on RV Trip Wizard and so we wound up heading southwest, which added close to 60 miles of extra driving to the day's drive. We also took the back roads from Fredericksburg to New Braunfels, along the Devil's Backbone, which was a lot of fun in our Miata 20 years ago. It's very curvy, slow and long in an RV! Again, more unnecessary miles. We didn't reach our final destination at Linda and Bob's until after 6pm. Live and learn, I suppose.


Pretty sunrise.






Yeah, not in an RV.


Texas Highway in the Hill Country.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been on that 'Devil's Backbone' road. Not a big fan of the tiny backroads I guess. And we've mostly gone to New Braunfels for one thing - Schlitterbahn - though it's been years since we went there. My first time visiting New Braunfels was when I was in high school and I went to Wurstfest with the German club. Not sure why I decided to take German in high school, but I guess I thought it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I'm not a big fan of the tiny backroads while driving an RV, that's for certain! :) I enjoyed New Braunfels and the surrounding areas. The hill country is quite lovely.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I didn't know there are still places with 80 mph speed limits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thankfully the semitrucks have a slower speed limit. I think it was 65 or 70 for them. We had 80 mph speed limits across Nebraska on I-80, so this didn't surprise me too much. Far too fast, in my opinion, though!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!