June 15, 2019

City of Rocks SP - Faywood, NM

Saturday, October 6, 2018
City of Rocks State Park
Faywood, New Mexico


Other than some coyotes yipping nearby, it was a very quiet night. The sunrise was lovely so I headed out for an early walk to take some pictures. 






This rabbit was much larger than he looks!













The view out our back window.






A few sites with electric & water. 
We preferred our spot, hidden in the rocks.









Cows grazing in the distance.






Had a nice chat with the owner of this Escape.


Love these trees!












Believe it or not, this is a botanical garden!



















I wish I could share pictures of the beautiful dark sky, full of more stars than I have ever seen. I spotted two shooting stars while gazing up at the sky. It was the perfect ending to a very peaceful day. 

6 comments:

  1. That New Mexico landscape looks pretty familiar from our travels to Ruidoso. We've not been to the area where you camped, but I do know how beautiful the night skies are in NM. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, we really like New Mexico! We hope to return to this area next time we're traveling to Texas. Maybe by then, I will have learned how to photograph the night sky.

      Delete
  2. My sons loved City of Rocks so much. We need to return there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, we'll definitely go back, too! Such an interesting and peaceful place.

      Delete
  3. Great pictures Les. I've only been to Houston, TX but I love NM - all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I love New Mexico, too! Hope to get back there soon.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!