January 9, 2020

California Road Trip 2019 - Escondido (Part I)

Wednesday, September 13, 2019
Mark & Ana's
Escondido, CA
Weather: Sunny and very hot (upper 90s)

We spent the morning catching up on bills, emails, etc., then headed to Enterprise to pick up our rental for the week. We don't usually mind running errands with the RV, but the upcoming week was full of several social events (including a two-night stay in La Jolla for our daughter's wedding), all of which would be impossible without a car. It's nice to have something smaller to navigate the streets of a large city like San Diego.


Our favorite place to "camp" in Escondido.

We had a lovely dinner with my brother and sister-in-law at a beautiful winery in Escondido. The view (overlooking the San Pasqual Valley) is stunning, especially at sunset.


Escondido, CA


Our gracious hosts for the next week!


Delicious!






Mark & Ana's lovely patio.

6 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! Why do you cover the tires on your RV?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It protects the tires from heat and sunlight/uv exposure, which can cause the rubber to breakdown prematurely. This has been debated ad nauseum on rv forums, but the covers are relatively inexpensive and don't take up much space (and don't add any extra cargo weight) so we opt to err on the side of caution. My biggest fear is a blowout while I'm driving down a 4-lane freeway!

      Delete
  2. Now how much delicious wine did you have on this trip? Did you discover any new favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, you know, we did have some nice wines on this trip, but none that really wowed me. Actually, there was one that my aunt served called Cinque Gemma (2015) from Sapphire Hill. Oh, boy, was that ever a great wine. The winery is in Healdsburg, which is close to my aunt & uncle's house. Might have to plan a visit to the winery this April!

      Delete
  3. Oh, it's such a lovely part of the country! If only the traffic wasn't so insane...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I so agree. I moved to Southern California (Del Mar) in 1972 and we left (for Lincoln, Nebraska!) in 1992. I learned how to drive in San Diego and never gave it any thought. Life was much slower then, that's for certain.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!