January 13, 2020

California Road Trip 2019 - Escondido (Part III)

Saturday, September 21, 2019
Mark & Ana's
Escondido, CA

This would prove to be a very busy day! With plans to spend two nights in La Jolla for our daughter's wedding, we needed to get everything we would need for the weekened packed and loaded in our rental car. Once that was done, we were able to help get things ready for a family picnic at Mark & Ana's. Thankfully, it wasn't quite as hot as earlier in the week, especially in the shade. It was wonderful to see everyone, especially our granddaughter, who flew in from Virginia for Amy's wedding. This was the first summer in 17 years that she wasn't able to come visit us for three weeks, so we were very happy to have at least two days with her while she was in San Diego.


My mom and my three brothers (Mark, David and Chris).




Mark & Ana.


Cousins.


Caleb and Declan.


Rod and Steve (my nephew).


Andrew (my nephew), Mom and Val (my sister-in-law). 


My nephews, Tim and Andrew.


Rod and Shaylyn (our beautiful granddaughter).




These two always crack each other up!



It was a lovely afternoon, catching up with everyone, but after a few hours, Rod and I had to leave and head down to La Jolla for the wedding rehearsal and dinner. The rehearsal went off without a hitch, our daughter and future son-in-law looked so happy and excited, and our dinner (at a family favorite restaurant - Tony's Jacal) was delicious.






It was a long and exhausting, but joyful day!

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great family photos, Les. So glad you have them and thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet time with family! And wonderful photos capturing the special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel, it was such a memorable week! I love putting together these posts so I can relive those moments.

    ReplyDelete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!