April 10, 2020

Looking Back - Resurrection Day

Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals.




Resurrection Day by Brendan DuBois
Fiction
1999 Putnam Adult
Read in July 1999
Rating: 4/5 (Very Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

In 1972, ten years after a nuclear war decimated both the United States and Soviet Union, Carl Landry, a young reporter, searches for the killer of a veteran of the 1962 war and begins to suspect that the victim may have held the key to a terrifying conspiracy.

My Original Thoughts (1999):

Excellent thriller! I was immediately caught up in the story and didn't want to put it down. Love the references to true history. Would love to see this adapted for the big screen. The special affects would be great. Somewhat anticlimactic ending, but I'm not sure how it could have been improved. 

My Current Thoughts:

I have no recollection of this book, but it sounds like it might be worth rereading. 

6 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the last line! I often have no recollection of a book, sometimes within the last week and certainly 20 years ago! I do think this one sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenclair, there are many books that I've read over the years, even as far back as 20 years ago, of which I have strong memories. I can even recall in my mind's eye specific scenes or events. And then there are those like this book which leave me completely blank! If I gave it a 4/5 rating, it must have really been something entertaining, but I'm now completely clueless about the plot. :)

      Delete
  2. Are you often surprised when you see a title and realize you remember nothing about it? That happens to me more often than I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it would be interesting to go back and review all of my "Looking Back" posts and see how many books I remember vividly and how many leave me completely clueless about their plots and characters. My gut says it's about even, but it would be an interesting study in numbers.

      Delete
  3. Haha!! I'm SO glad it's not just me! 😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I guess it's to be expected the older we get, right? ;)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!