January 29, 2021

Looking Back - Dancing at the Harvest Moon

Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals. 



Fiction
1999 Fawcett (first published in 1997)
Read in March 2000
Rating: 3/5 (Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

In Dancing at the Harvest Moon, a story of first love rekindled, 46-year-old Maggie McIntyre has just lost her husband to another woman and sees no reason to remain in Kansas City. She decides to return to The Harvest Moon, the dance hall where she worked in college. So we go there with her, back to the beautiful Canadian town on Little Bear Lake, where Maggie faces all of those juicy yet unanswered questions: Will true love find her? Will Rob, her first love, finally forgive her? Is she prepared to face the demons that have for so long kept real passion at bay?

My Original Thoughts (2000):

Good, quick read, but nothing great. Somewhat predictable romance with a very thin plot.

My Current Thoughts:

Blech. Why did I read this?? 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry the book wasn't as good the second time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I should have been more clear. I didn't read it a second time, but as I read my book journal notes from 2000, I couldn't understand why I would have read this book in the first place. It isn't anything I'd read now.

      Delete
  2. I didn't read it; somehow I missed it. And now I'm glad I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, Deb. Maybe back then, I was in the mood for a sappy romance. Not my cuppa now! ;)

      Delete
  3. I went through a big romance kick many years ago but for the most part was more into historical romances. Probably not one that would have caught my attention then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, I think someone from one of my online groups (on Yahoo) recommended it to a bunch of us.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!