March 25, 2022

Looking Back - 24 Hours

Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals.


24 Hours by Greg Iles
Fiction
2000 Putnam Adult
Read in February 2001
Rating: 4/5 (Very Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

24 HOURS --- that's how long it takes a madman to pull off the perfect crime. He's done it before, he'll do it again, and no one can stop him.

But this time, he's just picked the wrong family to terrorize. Because Will and Karen Jennings aren't going to watch helplessly as he victimizes them. And they aren't going to let him get away with it.

My Original Thoughts (2001):

I think I read this in 24 hours! Even stayed up reading until after 1 am. Very good, suspenseful thriller. Would make a great movie. Brilliant kidnapping scenarios involving doctors and their families. Believable characters. Terrific pace. Big screen written all over it with maybe Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer? I'm ready to read more by Greg Iles!

My Current Thoughts:

Funny that I predicted this would make for a good movie and it wound up being a blockbuster TV series. I watched one season of the show and thought it was really good. I don't know if I've read anything else by Iles, but maybe I should.

6 comments:

  1. I haven’t read this particular Greg Iles’ novel, but if you read it in 24 hours, that surely sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, what have you read by Iles that you would recommend? This one sure was a winner when I read it!

      Delete
  2. This is an author I have meant to chekc out. This book sounds good,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'd like to read more by him, Tina. This was an entertaining thriller!

      Delete
  3. It's odd when I read prescient thoughts in old blog posts and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it's kind of crazy, isn't it?!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!